December 19, 2009

Failure to Launch

Welcome to a special Saturday edition of the Wacko Monologues.
This is the first post live from the new Facebook page
and also the first post I've written since finals started.

Well...this one is a personal story and a vent.

Okay, so I had a train at 9am today.
I had arranged with my friend that he would take me to the station.
I knew it was gonna snow,
but Baltimore usually freak out over a lil bit.
So I figured everything would be fine this morning.

I wake up this morning,
and the snow is comin down like I'm in Jersey.
I get dressed quickand check to see if my train is still on.
It is.
However, my ride informs me his pops his comin to pick him up.
He said he'd ask his pops if he would take me,
but pops didn't want to go into the city.
OKay, fair enough.

I call a cab a 7:30.
By 8:30 it hadn't got here.
Obviously I wasn't makin the train.
So I called momdukes up.
She was mad of course,
we made new reservations.
I'm leavin on Wednesday now.
One of very few still on campus.
Why a train so late in the week, you ask?
Mom wanted to make sure I could get to the station,
and since I didn't "call the cab company early enough"
she wanted to make sure it was clear enough for me to get there.

I got a call at 10:44am.
It was the cab company callin SEEING if I still needed a cab.
>.>
...Damn. Even if I had called them at... 6,
they woulda got here when the train was pullin off.
Baltimore, ya'll gotta learn how to operate in the snow.

But yeah...
now I'm stuck on campus
,and I have to pay momz back for the new ticket. :-/
I wasn't plannin on buy a train ticket for Christmas.
Luckily, a few peeps are still around.
So I'll hang with them today,
but I'm sure most will be gone by Monday
.Sigh. C'est la vie.

I swear,
if I added some fictional elements to this,
it could make a nice short story.
Maybe one day.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment