January 27, 2010

Spectacular Spectacles

I've worn glasses since two months before I turned 6.
I am near 21 in June.
That's damn near 15 years of something on my face,
something I often forget,
I suppose because I've just got so used to them.

I remember when I was a kid.
My mom picked out my glasses.
She picked ones that wouldn't break easily;
I mean, I was just a kid.
I had those stereotypical big round shits.
The kind that make a mug look geekishly smart.
But I was cute back then,
some would say I looked like a kid of Will Smith's,
so I rocked them with ease. Haha
And I never slept with them on.
It was too hard for me to sleep that way.
Needless to say, I still broke them,
but they never really snapped in the middle.
I usually bent them way outta shape
or the screw would pop out somehow.

My mom had a little home kit to fix specs,
but sometimes we had to go back to Pearle Vision and get em fixed.
We always went to the same one,
so the people there always greeted us.
One of the ladies even gave me baseball cards everytime I came in.
[Granted I didn't know most of the players, but I appreciated them.
I wonder where they are now. Hmm...]

Eventually,
I started to pick out my own glasses,
I think that was around 6th or 7th.
Soon as I had the option,
I picked the good glasses,
Gucci, D&G, etc.
You know, the cool rectangluar kind.
The ones I have now are Prada.
Haha. I never did it on purpose though,
I was never big into labels, even now.
Those were just the ones that felt and looked the best on my face. Haha
And my mom always bought them for me.
I never really realize how spoiled I am.

But of course,
being the boy that I am,
I always treat them just like a regular pair of glasses,
and they get bent and scratched.
They break by the lense poppin out now,
but I know how to fix that myself.
It's always the right eye, too.
I wonder why.

Anywho...
I've had my Pradas for the last 3-4 years.
I usually get a new pair every 2 years.
It's def time for a new look.
And that new look is contacts...
at least that's what I'd like them to be.
Of course, I'd still like a pair of cheap glasses
so I could switch up from day to day.
It's just that so many people have told me I should try 'em
because they think I look fine without them.
Plus then,
I'd be able to rock shades without puttin them
over my normal glasses like I did as a kid
or just walkin around blind like I do now.
Tres chic. Haha.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment