June 16, 2010

The 21st


So, this past Monday was my 21st birthday.
Now, I know what you're thinking.
"Ooohh. That's why he hasn't posted these last two days."
No. I was busy all day Monday,
and I just didn't feel like it on Tuesday.

Honestly... I kinda took it easy.
...ok. Maybe not easy.
But I definitely noticed how I was pacing myself.
Do you know how hard it is to pace yourself
when everyone around you is willing to buy you a drink/shot?
Yeah, I know. I surprised myself too.
I can still remember most everything...
up until bout 3am, but that's understandable. haha

But yeah...
in all honesty,
I feel a bit more mature,
which is surprising. haha
It's like, I know my limits.
I know what I have to do.
I see that's it time to grind.

Now, does this necessarily mean I have to grow up?
No, not at all. I'mma still be young at heart like a cliche.
But I'll couple that with a strong drive.
I think that's the best way to stay forever young,
which is something I've been tryna figure out for the past 2 weeks.

But yeah.
I'm 21 now.
And while I know it, I still forget.
It'll take some getting used to,
but so did anytime I turned a new age.
It's all about adjustment.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment