June 1, 2010

June

Happy first day of Junes, my friends [and associates].
I hope this past weekend served you well
with relaxation and food and whatnot.

My mind's a lil blocked right now,
but I really feel the need to give you something to read. haha
So... what random shit can I come up with today?
I guess I can tell you my plans for the month.

The main thing is work.
This is the busiest month for us,
since most of the camps, alumni, and incoming freshmen weekends are planned around now.
Not that the work is particularly demanding...
it's just very time consuming and the hours are tentative.
Leave's little time for anything or anyone else.
Luckily, I have a colorful cast coworkers,
so they'll keep me entertained.
Or I'll entertain them, either or.

Now, because of this,
my trip back home to Newark, NJ at the end of the month is squashed.
Some of you may be wondering why the end of June.
Well, Newark is like a stone's throw away from NYC.
And NYC has their Pride event that weekend.
I usually go with my gay friends from high school.
Sadly, I can't join them this year.
And I woulda been 21 this year too,
so I coulda been reckless that night.

Oh! Yes.
My birthday is the 14th of this month,
good ol' Flag Day.
I swear no one celebrates Flag Day but me.
[Well, me and the Boston area, as I recently found out. Thanks, Frank.]
But yeah. I'm turning 21 this year.
I've been counting down the weeks since my last final.
I think I'll start counting the days now.
I'm not sure what I have planned.
All I know is that I'm gonna enjoy
the shit out of my birthday weekend.
It only makes sense, right?

Also,
I'll be continuing my reading list
and beginning my script and/or poems and/or short stories. haha

Anywho,
back to the regular meaningful post tomorrow.
...or maybe I might do a funny one.
How do you guys feel about a "Top 10 Reasons" revival?
Hmm... I'll see what I can do.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment