June 24, 2010

How to: Enjoy the Job You Have

I'm writing this as I get paid overtime.
I haven't had a day off since the day after my birthday.
I've been working long hours.
I haven't been able to see my other friends in days.
And yet... I couldn't be happier.

We all have our dream jobs/career.
We also have the jobs we must hold before we get there.
So it is important we find the silver lining.

For me, it's my coworkers.
They are... hilarious.
We're kinda all weird in a different way,
but we come together to help each other get through the day.
Honestly, without them I would go insane.

Now... if you don't have relatable coworkers or work alone,
hopefully you enjoy the work you're doing.
That's kind of the point of a dream job.

If you have neither,
I suppose money is the motive.
It's not the best motive,
but if it's helping you stack bills to the ceiling,
then by all means, get that CREAM.

If you don't have great coworkers,
a job you enjoy,
or a reasonable salary...
you best start searching for a new line of work.
Cause you're liable to lose your damn mind soon.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment