April 19, 2010

Dreams Are Assholes

As much as I love to dream,
they piss me the [beep] off sometimes.

The main reason is because they're cliffhangers.

So you have a dream about searching in a cave.
You're tryna find a treasure.
You reach out for it, and suddenly you're surrounded.
Soon as you get ready for battle...

So you're in a daycare.
You're an infant; which doesn't bother you.
It makes sense in the moment.
You start to build stuff from oversized legos.
Just as you finally realize what you really wanna build...

So you're talking to someone you like.
They're eyeing you down,
you're eyeing them down.
You reach in for a kiss.
Suddenly they're behind you, sans clothes.
You get ready for a fine moment when...

So you're in your bed.
You shut off your cellphone alarm clock.
You step out bed and fall down,
but you don't stop falling;
it's nonstop.
You're just screaming, waiting for impending doom.
You prepare for what's at the bottom when...

You're alarm clock actually awakes you up.

In my experience,
a dream always jumps to a new dream
when it starts to get good.
A dream ends and you wake up
just before you realize what the dream actually meant.

I always wake up feeling that
if I could have just stayed in it for 5 more minutes,
I woulda found the meaning to life...
or at the very least the meaning to my life...
ok, just a solution to a current problem.
You get the point.

You don't know how many times
I've tried to fall back asleep
to pick a dream back up.
But all I can ever do is daydream an ending.
And if I do fall back asleep,
a new dream will start
or the old dream immediately morphs into a new one.

So yes,
my relationship with dreams are very love/hate.
But Lord knows I wouldn't give them up for the world.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment