April 1, 2010

Workout

Some of you may remember
a post entitled Ab vs Flab
from back in September.
If I may, I'd like to revisit this.

As I said then,
I was leaning towards the flab side.
As you may have imagined,
I haven't worked out since.
As a result,
I have gotten a little fatter.
This has messed with my confidence a little.
Now, make no mistake;
I still like my gut.
But there are some days where I'll look down
and just shake my head at the belly
I'm trying so hard to suck in and hide.
I have been wearing my clothes more formfitting,
so it's really noticeable some days.

Today,
I woke up in my father's house.
[I am on break for Easter, after all.]
As soon as I pulled back the covers,
I went into autopilot.
I threw on my pajama pants and a hoodie,
went into the basement
and started to work out.
Oh... yeah,
my father has gym equipment in the basement
that he never uses.

All the radiators and water mains
are in the middle of the basement,
so it made for a nice track.
Did about 50 laps
since I was unsure of how it'd measure out in miles.
Maybe 1.5. I doubt it though.
I decided to work mainly on my arms today.
I did a lil work on my chest as well.
And of course,
I had to do sit-ups.

It's been so long since I've worked out,
But somehow I wasn't that spent afterward.
I mean, I even remembered to warm up and cool down.
I felt proud of myself and my hour long work out.

So... here's the plan:
wake up and do 50 sit-ups or 100 jumping jacks or 50 push-ups.
Then find 2-3 days to do some weight training.
It's basically the plan I make
every time I decide to work out again,
and it never last more than a week,
but we'll see how it goes though.

The problem is that I usually wake up
30 minutes before I have class.
I could do it at night,
since I stay up til 4am anyway.
But I never feel like it.
I'll try to force myself though.

The goal: beach ready by June 14
aka my 21st birthday.
Loyola crew, I'm looking at ya'll to keep me on this.
Anyway, what do you plan on doing
to get in shape for the summer?
Are you comfortable with your body as it is now?
As always, hit the comments.
Be well, my dear friends [and associates].
Word.

[And no... this is not an April Fools post. haha]

2 comments:

  1. u can do it Charles! One step at a time: first step- A Plan; second step- consistency.
    For me, my plan is to eat healthier. Let me explain. I'm not trying to cut back or not eat certain things. I'm just trying to make sure that when I do eat, I at least get in all of my required servings of the food groups. Did you know we're supposed to get 3 cups of milk a day??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying a set myself a goal to get back in shape myself, so if you need a workout buddy, just hit me up.

    ReplyDelete