April 9, 2010

Private Relationships

Don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin about.
You know damn well what I'm gettin at. haha
Sometimes, it's just best to keep a relationship under wraps.
But when and for how long?

Let's say you just hook up with someone,
one night stand kinda thing.
There's no real reason to tell anyone about it,
unless you feel like bragging.
You just satisfied an urge, tis all.
If this turns into regular hook ups,
like on some friends with benefits type ish,
then no one should know put ya'll.
You don't need anyone blowing up your spot.

Another situation is when you're starting a new relationship.
You're not exactly sure how it's going to work out,
so you both agree to not tell anyone yet.
You sneak around like lovers do,
avoiding spots where your friends might go.
You spend time together in the privacy of your home.

Now... this shouldn't last forever;
I say a month at the longest, maybe two.
Once it's get past that,
you gotta start wondering.
1)Is this motherfucka embarrassed of me?
If they are, then don't expect the relationship to go anywhere.
2)Am I the sideline ho?
If you think you might be "that other bitch/nigga" that their original mate accuses them of having, that when you gotta decide what to do.
Did they not tell you cause they're tryna break it off with the 1st mate?
Are you just there for the moment?
Do you really feel like being in this situation?
Just things to consider.

Lastly,
there's the downlow private relationship.
You know, dudes or gals hiding their sexuality
going around acting to be complete straight,
but they're down with the same sex.
Now... I'm not tryna down anyone and what they have.
I'm just spitting how I feel.
In my opinion,
these can be the most stressful relationships.
Sneaking around isn't even an option.
Then again, some are bold enough to go out in public
pretending to only be "just friends."

There's even two subdivisions to this:
2 closeted or 1 out - 1 closeted.
When you have 2 closeted motherfuckas,
obviously they both wanna keep it under wraps.
But with 1 already out,
there has to be added stress.
You have someone in your life you like,
but they don't wanna tell no one about you?
That seems like disrespect or OD self-interest,
but it's a lifestyle.
Hmm... I wonder if the closeted ones
still freak around with the opposite sex
just to keep up appearances.
It's a tricky tricky place to be.

Anyway,
that's my read on the whole ordeal.
I've yet to be in one,
well I've been in the first level,
but nothing past that.
Hopefully I never will,
but I don't know my future
just like you don't know yours.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment