April 16, 2010

Online Shopping Addiction

Like many young Americans,
money likes to burn a hole in my pocket.
So I'm always ready to spend.
However, I don't have a car
and the Baltimore bus system is... not the best.

One would think this would help me save money.
Yeah, maybe if this wasn't the 21st century.

Online shopping, how I love to hate you,
always there for me on a friday afternoon
when I can't make it to the mall.

You may be asking,
"CG, what do you buy online?"

Well, for one, I buy music.
iTunes and Rhapsody are my homeboys
when I actually feel like supporting artists.
As many of you know,
I'm a music junkie.
If there wasn't a shopping cart feature,
I'd buy so many $9.99 albums. haha
But luckily, I can browse through which ones
I think I'll actually bump the most
or which one I feel like trying out,
and leave the rest in virtual purgatory.

I use the same method when clothes shopping.
For my classy stuff, I'm a Urban Outfitters junkie.
They can be a little pricy at times,
but they have some deals on cardigans and sweaters.
I also buy a lot t-shirts... mostly funny ones.
Most of these shirts you actually can't find in stores.
So they're kinda exclusive,
especially since some go out of print when the original batch sells out.
I will tell you that Bustedtees.com is my main source,
but I won't put you on to the other ones.
Actually, it's a simple as typing funny tees into Google.

I've also bought books online.
I even buy groceries online (no produce, though).
The longest I've waited for shipping is 3-4 days.
Usually I can get around shipping & handling
by buying a certain number of tees,
but not on UrbanOutfitters,
since they want you to buy at least $150.

Now...
I usually find I can waste an entire paycheck online.
This is what happened last summer and fall.
This winter and spring,
my paychecks have been back on the slim side
since I was busy doing other stuff.
But now I'm working more,
and the big paychecks are returning.
It's very hard to say no.
To be honest,
I just bought 3 new funny tees.
Loyola, I'm sure you'll see them next week.

Anyway,
I'm trying to save more anyway.
So... I'll let you know how that goes.
Probably via Facebook status.
Those are always handy.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment