November 25, 2009

Hood Housing


As a few of you know,
I haven't really been back in Jersey since April.
Sure, I came back for the weekend of Pride in June,
but I was in NYC the whole time.

Well... it's Thanksgiving break,
and where else could I go but home?
Let me just say... Loyola has severely spoiled me.
I feel like more of an uppity negro than I ever have before.

The first thing that hit me was the availability of a computer.
Usually when I come back from college,
I go to Irvington and use my father's computer...
but the internet is acting up on it.
Luckily, I have my laptop here...
But a nigga couldn't get a signal.
Well, as you see I found one.
It's weak as all hell though, cause I'm stealing that shit. Haha
Where's Houndnet when you need it?

Secondly is my freedom.
I can do whatever I want at college, obv.
But back here,my mom always keeps tabs on me.
But... last night,I stayed at my dad's.
However, I failed to remember that my bed is in his bedroom.
As I told Twitter last night:
"I don't like staying at my father's house. Especially when this nigga is my direct roommate. This ain't college! :-/"
Also, they're always over my shoulder when I'm in the house.
Gets a lil annoying.

I woke up this morning though to feel all chilly and such.
I forgot I can't control the heat.
Ain't no thermostats at my pops's place.
But why was the basement warmer than the 2nd floor when I woke up?
I thought heat rose?
Eventually the heat did come on.
With a hiss.
I looked around scared as shit
before realizing it was just the radiator.
Good ol hood heat. :-/

Eventually,my laptop needed recharging.
You know I couldn't find a single wall socket with 3 prongs, only 2.
I was tight.
Least I found the one power strip with 3 prong outlets.
I was bout to be shit outta luck. Haha

The one thing I do like about my father's house though:
Tha Bassment.
No not basement, Tha Bassment.
Cause we got a banging sound system down there,
and all the walls are covered with old school records,
mostly R&B and Soul.
My grandfather owned a record shop back in the day.
Told you love a music ran in the family, man.

But of course, I got hungry.
But ain't no food in the house,
except for the stuff for Thanksgiving tomorrow.
So I had to run out to the bodega.
Ah, how I missed the bodega.
But discussing of this is for another day.
Maybe tomorrow before the feast?

Luckily,
I'm bout to go back over to my momz in Newark.
We kinda bougie over there. Haha.
Later, hood house.
Til I see you again on Sunday when I'm bout to leave out.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment