November 26, 2009

What I'm Thankful For, The Rehearsal


With Thanksgiving being today,
everyone is expected to say what we're thankful for
around the table before we can destroy the food.

I've decided to write this blog for two reasons:
1) I always freeze up and say something dumb.
2) I don't want to mess up and let something slip.

See, I don't tell my fam much,
especially my extended family,
cause they don't need to know.
Granted, this Thanksgiving it's just
me, mom, her parents, and maybe two other folks.
So if I let something slip like,
oooh... my sexuality, which only my mother knows about.
Not that I'd say it during the thanks,
but maybe in conversation.
there ain't gonna be nothing else to take the focus of me. Haha

So, with that said,
allow me to present my prepared "I'm Thankful For."

Hi family. Hi Lord.
This Thanksgiving, I have plenty to be thankful for.
I'm thankful to have the education I'm recieving,
for my writing, that I have a way to voice my opinions,
to be privileged enough to not have any major struggles in my life,
and to have such good friends and family as support system when I need them.
Now who's next?

Feel free to leave you prepared thanks in the comments.
Have a good turkey day.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment