March 13, 2012

Gettin' Ugly

So I've been thinking for a while...
what actually makes someone ugly?
I'm talking physically ugly.
There are plenty of ugly people personality-wise,
but what makes us look at a person right off the bat
and go "Ooooo... bless their face"?

I've heard from various people that
symmetry is the cause of typical beauty.
If that's the case, it explains why I can't stand to look at Luke Wilson's nose.
But honestly, symmetrical faces usually bore me.
There's nothing exciting or unexpected about them.

Do faces without distinct bone features turn you off?
Perhaps protruding brows don't do it for you?
What about noses half the size of a person's face?
Lips too juicy or deprived looking?
Or maybe it's a mixture of them all,
features that look essentially good on people
but look horrible on another because
they don't have the right smile to go with that jaw structure.

Either way I try to break this down,
this is the vainest post to rule them all.

So, since it's difficult to explain multiple ugly people
let's skip to how to approach them.
Are you allowed to tell a person their ugly
or do you have to assure them that they're average at the very least?
When people rag on their friend and say "Ayo, you one ugly mofo,"
are they just having fun or do they sincerely consider them unattractive?

Look, I know I don't have it all my damn self.
That's why I feel at liberty to discuss this with you all.

Whatever the case may be,
I think it's important to remember everyone's attracted to different things.
Just like I'm not attracted to people with symmetrical faces
[or maybe I'm intimidated? I've never tell],
there are some people that prefer people with a crooked jaw or Dumbo-like ears.

So don't worry about whether or not you're attractive,
just wonder when that person who thinks you're stunning will come along.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment