March 15, 2012

Mid-season Debriefing

I know the 16th is really the middle of March,
but today is the Ides of March
so I say close enough.

These past two weeks have been fairly successful. The reception of this blog's revival has been largely positive.
Then again, this is based off last week's post.
Even I would have to agree that this week has been a bit off, or at least not as appealing as last week's topics.

Speaking of which,
I checked my stats
and the Beckham poem is doing the best.
I presume this is due to his name drawing random readers
who google his name or the billboard.
I'm particularly proud of
The Dangers of Not Giving a F*** and the Kony piece.
I spent a fair amount of time on those.
I spent a good amount of time on all the posts last weeks.

That's the difference with this week.
I definitely have post ideas,
but they need time to be flushed out.
None of them are quick fire.
I also realize I don't have enough ideas for the rest of the month
so I went to Twitter and asked for prompts.
To those who replied, thank ya kindly.
I'll get to those this coming week.
For the rest of you,
I do have a suggestion box.
If you want to see me write about something, let me know. Please.

How do I propose to give my post the proper attention they deserve?
I'm going back to what I did when I started this blog: write at night.
I might even take time to write a few all in one sitting in space them out over the week.
For some reason I felt like each post had to be written the day I would post them.
There seemed to be a bit more passion that way.
Or maybe it's just that I'm used to writing at the last minute.
Either way, it's a habit I need to break out of before I become a professional.
...well, more of a professional than I am now.

Also, I may be changing the design of the site and adding a logo.
Look at for those / stay on me about them.
I've been saying I would design a logo for over a year now.
Til next time, my dear friends [and associates].
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment