March 20, 2012

One Last Day

Writing 31 days straight is challenging,
so I asked for suggestion for posts
@Babe_raham on Twitter suggests:
Starting now, you have 24 hours to live. What do you do? #thoughts #prompts

Using an hourly breakdown seems the best way to go about this.
To help me get in the mood,
I'll be listening to this song on repeat until I'm done.

7PM
Write a blog detailing what I regret about my life, what I'd do different, but why I'm glad things happened the way they did.

8PM
Attend Andrea Gibson poetry reading/LGBT discussion at my school to bask in the brilliance of another writer.

9PM
Walk around Loyola, stopping at each building I've lived in or experienced memorable moment in before walking off to the Roland Park area to eat a Subway meal. Instead of leaving after ordering my sandwich, I stay to talk to the female sandwich artists whom have grown to know me as a regular. Also, I'd like to see if any of them have a crush on me for a silly ego boost.

10PM and 11PM
Walk to a close buy liquor store and buy a bottle of Hennessy and Absolute Citron: the former because that's what Kanye got drunk on when he accosted Taylor Swift, the latter because they support the LGBT community and a featured regularly on RuPaul's Drag Race.
Keep a promise and walk to a room full of wonderful ladies to watch the Muppet movie as I generously share  my booze.

12AM
I leave the room where I've spent many night on their futon and visit friends I haven't seen much this past year, offering them a shot during their studies if they would like. 5-10 minute max in order to see most people before they go to bed, because people are more reasonable about sleeping than I am.

1AM
Wrap up spreading good cheer, walk to the park across from a building on campus. Think about texting every guy I've wanted to hook up with, but decide not to contact. No need to leave a guy traumatized knowing he was the last person I slept with.

2AM
Go back to my room and spend time with my roommates, distracting them from their homework. Continue to drink, and beg one roommate to play his guitar as we sing songs that make us laugh, cry, reminisce, all that jazz.

3AM
Continue with the prior hour's activities until they decide to fall asleep.
Think about all the friends I have not on campus that I won't be able to see before I past and cry.
Contemplate posting to various social media outlets that I don't have long to live, but decide to keep it a secret in hopes that it's not true.

4AM to 8AM
Pace my drinking as I watch 2 movies I wanted to see before I die illegally online.

9AM to 12PM
Sober up as I attempt to write the best 2 poems/short stories I'm capable of producing in hopes of leaving some kind of writing legacy.

1PM
Attempt to have lunch with the first person who accepts from my walk earlier in the day.

2PM
Visit teachers I never got to know personally on campus because I was too afraid or unsure of how to approach them outside of class.

3PM
Skip my Music Fundamentals test because I'm supposedly dying in four hours. Spend the hour polishing my writing from the morning.

4PM and 5PM
Go to my service learning and spend the last bit of my energy being a mentor to middle/high school aged actors/writers. Feel good about myself.

6PM
Lock myself away in my room. Look at my 101 Tasks in 1001 Days and force a single tear to roll down my face to laugh at how cinematic I'm being in an attempt to brighten my last hour on Earth. Write a short letter expressing my love for all of my family and friends, mentioning "I'm sorry I didn't let any of you know I was dying today, but they were simply too many of you." Write a special thank you to my mom for her support and dismissing all are minor difficulties with each other.

6:55PM
Simply write, "Thank you all. I love and appreciate you. Farewell" on my blog. Unlock my door, position myself on my bed, and attempt to fall asleep before an unannounced flatline occurs.


One usually imagines a much grander last day on to be alive,
but you wouldn't be able to plan it out.
You have 24 hours from the time some source lets you know what the deal is.
That's it.
With a realistic view on the situation,
I'd be very satisfied with if that was my last day.
Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment