March 21, 2012

How Poetic: Pardon My Ignorance

After going to the Andrea Gibson reading last night,
I was inspired with 3 good ideas for slam poetry.
Since I failed to flush any of them out yet,
here's my first attempt at slam poetry
written about two years ago.
Enjoy.



Pardon my ignorance, however blissful it may be.
I’ve yet to become enlightened in affairs of such air and flare.
It bursts bright at my sights.
Where are my shades?
Ah, my pair of trees,
guard me from these foreign ministers
so sinister in their ways.
They wade in tainted holy water,
attempt to bless me falsely.
Yet cautiously, I bet like a beggar;
I give it no chance.
I’ll live to dance another day,
no way to die,
much rather I’d fry.
But I am no chicken,
no last name like Dickens,
but I spin tales so tall,
they seem as feathers 64 feet high.
Flock to them, dare not block them.
They form not as opposition but as propositions like 8.
All for rights, for all rights, rights for all
to adore me a more.
Love for myself high on a shelf,
unreachable by anyone else.
Fact rather false.
Wrong turn on route 22
and ended up rather untrue.
So blue above the garden of reason.
But please, pardon my ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment