July 16, 2017

Spill the Beans



Matteo and his sleepover buddy Chris are beginning their day with beverages when Matteo discovers something unsettling.


MATTEO
What do you mean you don’t drink coffee?

CHRIS
I just never got into it. Juice has always been fine.

MATTEO
Fruit? In the morning? Why are you cussing at me? I haven’t had my coffee yet.

CHRIS
I’m amazed you aren’t suffering from scurvy.

MATTEO
Actually, my back tooth fell out last week.

CHRIS
But seriously, just give me a lil sugar and I’ll be on my way.

MATTEO
You don’t crash off that shit?

CHRIS
I mean, I usually have a natural high off life going by then.

MATTEO
You’re a fucking morning person.

CHRIS
I’m not even. I’m a night owl by trade. Or at least I used to be. Honestly, I blame 9-to-5s.

MATTEO
All the more reason you should definitely be drinking coffeeeeee.

CHRIS
Like, I adore the smell, but the taste: bleh! And if I’m just gonna sweeten it with milk and sugar, I might as well be drinking chocolate milk. Ooo! Hot cocoa!

MATTEO
Juice. Hot cocoa. You’re a fucking child.

CHRIS
You leave my playful ignorance and boyishly good looks out of this.

MATTEO
Whatever. More for me.

CHRIS
Besides, I’m already addicted to booze in the evening. Why would I want something controlling me in the A.M. too?

MATTEO
You just don’t get it. There’s just something about being able to excuse your shitty behavior on not having had coffee yet that makes it all worth it.

CHRIS
Yeah, yeah. I’m already changing your alarm clock to Zombie by the Cranberries.

MATTEO

Again with the fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment